We would like to extend our special thanks to Garry Haslewood (GHaslewood@data-modul.com) of Data Modul for hosting the latest EMA Workshop/Networking Event and to our presenter, Yuri Yoshida Dyson – Small Business Opportunity Specialist on. “How to capitalize on government contracting opportunities in the electronic manufacturing space”. Yuri shared her expert advice on topics such as;
- A Brief overview of SBA programs
- Federal contracting overview and economic impact in Oregon
- Benefits and Challenges of Government Contracts
- How to do business with the Federal Government
- Federal Certification programs that help firms compete in a smaller pool
- Resources available to small businesses to learn more about govt. contracting and certifications (including one-on-one assistance with certification processes/applications)
Attending the Workshop were EMA Members and friends Karen Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Acumen Research, Fernando Gomez (email@example.com) of Cascade Systems, Gary Hilgeman (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Adapt Electronics, Robin Klein (email@example.com) and Mike McMenamin (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Q&D Manufacturing and Jason Wright (email@example.com) of Northwest Renewable Energy.